KOTA KINABALU ARCHDIOCESE – Appointments & Transfers
Archbishop John Wong has announced that effective 1st July 2019, there will be a minor reshuffle of clergy as follows:
- Fr. Tony Mojiwat will be assistant priest at St. Pius X Church, Bundu Tuhan.
- Fr Jack Sigam will be assistant priest at Holy Trinity Parish, Inobong.
- Fr Wiandigool Runsab will be assistant priest at St Peter Church, Kudat & St Theresa Church, Kota Marudu
- Fr Erik Jerome will be parish priest at St Joseph, Husband of Mary Church, Kiulu
- Fr Thomas Madanan will be parish priest at Blessed Sacrament Church, Labuan
- Fr Johanny Raju will be assistant priest at Holy Nativity Church, Terawi.
- Fr. Isidore Gilbert will be Direactor of Aspirants Formation House and rector of Catholic Archdiocesan Centre, Penampang (effective 8 June 2019 at the beginning of the new semester)
53rd World Communications Day (Archdiocesan level) will be celebrated on Sunday 2nd June 2019 at St. John’s Tuaran. Mass starts at 9:00AM followed by many other interesting programs! Come and join in the celebrations!
LEGION OF MARY COMITIUM
Meeting: Every 3rd Sunday, 12 pm, CMI
Details: Victoria 016-8445213
Fr Russell Lawrine (014-9512131)
Fr Johny Raju (013-8025543)
Please contact them for ministry and spiritual guidance. They can also be contacted at Sacred Heart Cathedral Office 088-224741 and Stella Maris Parish Office 088-254321 respectively.
SACRAMENT OF MARRIAGE
Couples who wish to get married are required to meet with the parish priest at the parish office at least 4 months prior to proposed date of marriage with the following documents:
Bridegroom & Bride
1. Birth certificate
2. Identity Card
3. Baptism certificate
4. Confirmation certificate
5. Engagement Agreement
6. Pre-Marriage Course certificate
7. 2 passport size photos
1. Identity Card
2. Baptism certificate
3. Confirmation certificate
4. Church Marriage certificate
Please take note that the date of marriage can only be decided at the pre-nuptial interview with the parish priest and NOT before. Couples are also required to put on proper attire when meeting the priest for interview. Couples are also advised to refer to the parish priest before making arrangements for wedding reception, bridal attire, choir, etc in preparation for a church wedding.
Bereaved families are to contact St Joseph Benevolent Fund office at 088-216321 or Thomas Chew at 010-9570393 for funeral arrangements and confirmation before making obituary announcement in local newspapers.